A single-family structure fire at 318 E. Ransdell St. led to one injury and the loss of a family pet April 21.
Owen County Volunteer Fire Department Public Information Officer Jude Canchola said upon arrival, Owenton Fire Chief J.O. Powers observed two rooms and a hallway fully involved in fire, with heavy smoke coming from all four sides of the home.
“The fire was under control within 15 minutes and contained to the original two rooms and hallway,” Canchola said. “But heavy smoke and heat made the interior of the home a total loss.”