Molly Haines
Neighbors and friends console Angie Gay, middle, who along with her husband Daniel, were renting the home damaged by fire on Stewart’s Ridge Road Jan. 14.
Fire damages home on Stewart's Ridge Road

A faulty wire was the cause of heavy smoke and fire damage to a home at 4330 Stewart’s Ridge Road Jan. 14.
Jonesville Volunteer Fire Chief Chase Duvall said the faulty wire was found on an exhaust stand that caught the floor on fire behind a wood stove located in the kitchen of the home.
“The structure wasn’t a total loss,” Duvall said. “It just did a lot of heat and smoke damage to the kitchen. That was the main room that suffered the most damage.”
The  fire took place around 2:15 p.m.


Latest Headlines