- Special Sections
- Public Notices
As the county prepares for a cold winter season, many homes are starting up their wood stoves for warmth. Fire can keep us warm, but it can also be very dangerous.
John Spicer experienced the danger of wood stoves firsthand when the chimney at his mother’s home caught fire. He said something must have ignited inside the chimney. He didn’t see any flames but saw lots of smoke pouring out of the chimney.
“Hearing the fire in the chimney was like being at the bottom of a collapsing coal mine,” he said.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Owenton News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Owenton News and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.