- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Effective April 1, the guidelines for determining income eligibility for the food supplement program, commonly known as WIC, were increased. The increase will make more families eligible for services.
• Nutrition education and limited health screenings
• Breast-feeding promotion and education
• Monthly vouchers for nutritious food
• Referrals to other needed health care services
Services are provided for:
• Pregnant women
• Breast-feeding women
• Women who have delivered a baby in the past six months
• Infants and children under the age of 5 years
At your WIC visit, you will be asked to provide proof of identity, and where you live. Proof must be provided for the income of the household. Proof of receiving Medicaid, Food Stamps or KTAP benefits will meet the income requirement.
For more information or to apply for WIC, please contact Three Rivers District Health Department Owen County Health Center at (502) 484-5736.