- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The Lady Rebels volleyball team dropped its only match last week. Grant County defeated Owen County 25-16 and 25-22. The team will be back in action Thursday in Owenton against Heritage Academy. They will play at Williamstown Tuesday.
OCHS Boys Soccer
• The boys’ soccer team defeated the Kentucky School for the Deaf, 3-1, Sept. 13 in Owenton. They dropped contests to Danville, Mason County and Woodford County. The team will play at Henry County Thursday.
OCHS Girls Soccer
• The girls’ soccer team dropped three decisions last week. They will host Grant County Monday night.
OCHS Cross Country
• Danielle Hoop took part in the Trinity/Valkyrie Invitational Saturday in Louisville. Her 55th-place finish was better than last year. According to her coach, Jeff Sutton, of those who finished in front of her, only five were Class A competitors.
OCHS Girls Golf
• The girls’ golf team was in action Sept. 15 against Henry County and Carroll County at the Henry County Country Club. The Lady Rebels won the match. Krista Power led all competitors with a nine-hole total of 37. Shelby Power shot a 43 while Lynsey Farrar posted a 44. Aly Minch shot a 45 and Kennedi Dermon shot a 48.
Saturday, the girls competed at the Henry County Invitational and finished second in the overall rankings. Shelby Power finished fifth with a 78, Krista Power finished seventh with 80. Aly Minch shot a 98 with Kennedi Dermon hitting an 87 and Lynsey Farrar finished with a 95.