- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The sharp eyes to two men on the roof of the Itron building in Owenton may have prevented serious fire damage to a barn behind Meadowview Monday.
The men saw smoke coming from a barn behind the grocery store and contacted the store owner Bud Forsee.
Luckily, the chief of the Owen County Volunteer Fire Department happens to work at Meadowview.
“Bud came and got me,” Chief Robb Chaney said.
With smoke rolling out of the barn, Chaney sounded the alarm while he and two other men fought back the fire by smothering it with dirt.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Owenton News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.