- Special Sections
- Public Notices
We would like to invite you to attend the Fido Fiesta from 3:30-8:30 p.m. Saturday at Elk Creek Winery.
There will be silent auctions, in house raffles, a private wine tasting tour by reservation only and musical entertainment by Jake Walls throughout the evening. Proceeds will go towards completion and operation of the Owen County dog shelter which will be operated by Owen County Friends of Animals Inc. under a contractual agreement with the county.
We also urge all community members to support us as we confront the issue of reducing unwanted companion animals, an epidemic in the United States.
You can do your part in many ways including spaying/neutering all companion animals; not participating in breeding dogs even if they are purebred or registered (because) animal shelters throughout America are filled with purebred and registered dogs, many of which are euthanized; volunteering at the shelter; fostering a dog or making a financial contribution.
OCFA operates solely with volunteers and has made a significant impact on the fate and treatment of dogs taken in to the county pound since 2005.
OCFA has placed 850 dogs in adoptive homes, foster homes and no-kill rescues since 2006.
OCFA Inc. is guided by the following mission statement as stated in our bylaws:
• Oppose inhumane treatment of animals
• Improve the quality of life of animals in Owen County’s care
• Advance spay and neuter programs as a long-term solution to the problem of unwanted pets
• Educate residents on responsible and humane treatment of animals
• Facilitate, promote and arrange for the adoption of impounded animals by responsible owners with suitable homes
• Furthermore, underlying these purposes is the ultimate goal of minimizing and eventually eliminating euthanasia of Owen County animals just because they are homeless.
In conclusion, OCFA Inc. requests the assistance and commitment of fellow Owen countians as we work toward reducing the population of unwanted dogs in our community.
Call Hilari Gentry at 502-514-1539 for more information, to volunteer or to RSVP for the private wine-tasting tour Saturday.
Dogs in need may be viewed at www.petfinder.com and tax-deductible donations can be mailed to:
Owenton Ky. 40359