.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Pets die in blaze

-A A +A

Friday fire destroys Old Arlon Road home

By Molly Haines

A fire that started in an electrical power box led to the demolition of an Owen County home.
The fire took place Friday morning at 375 Old Arlon Road, off Mountain Island Road.
South Owen Fire Chief Brian Perry said those living at the home had problems with the electrical box the night before.
“The next day they left and had been gone about 20 minutes when their neighbors noticed a fire,” Perry said.
The South Owen Fire Department received the call a little before lunchtime, Perry said.
The fire caused a total loss and two dogs and a rabbit died during the fire, Perry said.
Firefighters from the South Owen, Jonesville, Owen County and Corinth fire departments battled the flames for approximately three hours.