- Special Sections
- Public Notices
As the summer grilling season goes into full swing, the Owen County Emergency Management has issued a reminder about safety.
According to the National Fire Prevention Association, gas and charcoal grills caused an average of 3,400 structure fires and 4,900 outdoor fires in or on home properties in 2005, resulting in a combined direct property loss of $137 million.
To make sure your next barbecue doesn’t go up in flames, the Home Safety Council recommends the following safety tips:
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Owenton News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.