- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Opponent: Williamstown Lady Demons
Where: Williamstown High School
When: Friday at 7:30 p.m.
• To say the Lady Rebels have owned this series would be an understatement. Going back to 1998, the Owen County girls team has not lost to the ladies from Williamstown Independent. During that time, the Lady Rebels are 26-0 against the Lady Demons.
•Owen County defeated Williamstown twice a season ago. The Lady Rebels won 65-56 at home and 46-43 at Williamstown.
•The Lady Demons finished the season 10-17 last year. Williamstown Independent Head Girls Basketball Coach Mark Wilhoit lost three seniors from last years’ squad, including the second-leading scorer, Jaclyn Stith, who averaged 13 points a game.
• The Lady Demons do return their leading scorer from last year. Junior guard Tori Wilhoit averaged 14 points a game last year as a sophomore.
• Owen County Lady Rebels return all five starters from last year’s team, which finished the season 19-8 and captured their second-straight 31st District Championship.
• Owen County will be road warriors to begin the year. The Williamstown game is the second of four-straight games away from home to open the season. The team still has to travel to Trimble County and Carroll County before finally playing its first home game Dec. 14 against Gallatin County.
• After Friday night’s game, these two teams are not scheduled to meet each other again until Jan. 27 when they play in Owenton. The two could match up against one another in the 8th Region All “A” Classic at Gallatin County County in early January.
• Monday the Lady Rebels defeated Grant County, 51-41.