- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Opponent: Carroll County Lady Panthers
Where: Carroll County High School
When: Friday at 7:30 p.m.
• Both teams went through the first week of the season without losing a game. While Owen County was defeating Grant County and Williamstown, the Lady Panthers defeated Shelby County and Trimble County.
• The last time these two teams met in Carrollton it was for the 31st District Championship. The Lady Rebels prevailed 38-30 in double overtime. It was the second straight year the Lady Rebels defeated the Lady Panthers to claim the 31st District Championship.
• Owen County and Carroll County met five times a season ago. Owen County won in Owenton in their first meeting. The Lady Panthers then won the next four games including the elimination of the Lady Rebels from the 8th Region All “A” Tournament in Owenton. Owen County returned the favor by winning their final meeting in the 31st District Championship.
• During the past two seasons, the Lady Rebels and Lady Panthers have played eight times. During that time, the two teams have split those games with each winning four.
• The two teams were among the best in the 8th Region last season. While Owen County was winning 19 games last year, Carroll County totaled 18 wins. The Lady Rebels’ record was the third best in the region and the Lady Panthers’ win-loss tally was the fourth best.