- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Opponent: Bourbon County Colonels
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m.
• The Colonels are coached by Johnny Poynter. He should be familiar with the Rebels. Poynter came to Bourbon County from Trimble County.
• Bourbon County has been on the mountain top. The Colonels defeated Owensboro Catholic 39-28 to capture the 1997 2A State Championship. Bourbon competes in 4A.
• The Colonels also have been in the desert. On Oct. 10, 2003, Bourbon County defeated Anderson County. They would not taste victory again until Sept. 7, 2007. In between, the Colonels lost 34 straight games. They finished 3-8 a season ago.
• It has been feast or famine for Bourbon County this season. In their first two games, the Colonels scored a combined 90 points while they limited the opposition to 12. In their last two games, Colonels’ opponents have scored 90 points while they have only managed 35.
• Owen County will be looking to do something they have not done since 2006. That was the last time the Rebels won back-to-back games when they defeated Jackson County and Pendleton County in consecutive weeks.
• A win Friday night would also give the Rebels their third win of the season. It would be the first time since 2006 that Owen County has won at least three games in a season.
• In what could be dubbed as “The Something Has Got to Give Bowl,” both teams will go into Friday night’s match-up with identical 2-2 records. The Colonels began the season 2-0 before dropping their last two games. After dropping their opener, the Rebels have won two of their last three games.
• Christian Academy-Louisville will be the only other district opponent that will be on the field Friday night. CAL will host Shawnee while Carroll County and DeSales each have byes.