- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Opponent: Trimble County Raiders
Place: Patterson Field, Owenton
Game Time: 7:30 p.m.
• Chris Collins is the new head coach at Trimble County. Collins came to the Raiders from Atherton High School. Last season, Collins brought his team to Owenton and went home with a loss as the Rebels won the game 20-6.
• The Rebels are happy to be home. This is the latest the Rebels have played their first home game since 2003. That year, Owen County did not play a home game until Sept.12 when they hosted Dayton. It was also the fourth game of the season. They will be hoping for a repeat performance as the Rebels won that night 21-6.
• Home openers have been good nights for Owen County since 1998. During that 11-year span, the Rebels are 7-4 in their first game at home on the season.
• Owen County will be looking to break a three-game losing streak to Trimble County. The last time the Rebels defeated the Raiders was back in 2005 when Owen County won the game, 15-9.
• Since opening the season with a 48-0 win over Atherton, Trimble County has struggled to put points on the board. In their last two games, the Raiders have scored a combined 18 points in losses to Henry County and North Oldham.
• Owen County will be making a fashion statement on Friday night. The Rebels will be unveiling new uniforms for their game against the Raiders.
• In other games involving district teams, Carroll County will host Walton-Verona; Christian Academy-Louisville will travel to Louisville Holy Cross; and DeSales will travel to take on Seneca.