- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Opponent: Christian Academy of Louisville Centurions
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Place: Centurion Stadium in Louisville
• CAL is 6-2 on the season. The Centurions had a four-game winning streak snapped Friday night as they dropped a 27-6 decision to DeSales.
• The Rebels will be looking for their first district win over the Centurions. Since the two teams were placed in the same district, CAL is 2-0 versus Owen County. The Rebels did defeat the Centurions in the opening game of the 1999 season,14-0, in Owenton.
• Owen County Head Football Coach Adam Fowler said last year’s 14-13 loss to CAL was the most disappointing setback of the season. The Rebels had a chance to win the game late but were stopped on a fourth down with just seconds remaining.
• Friday night’s game in Louisville will be for second place in the district and the right to host a first-round playoff game. Regardless of who wins, the opponent in that game would more than likely be the Lloyd Juggernauts.
• Owen County’s win Friday night was its first win over a team with a winning record since 2006 when they defeated Gallatin County 26-6. The Wildcats came into the game 1-0 after defeating Carroll County in the opening game.
• A win Friday night will mean the Rebels will have four wins a season for the first time since 2002 when they finished 5-5.
• The Rebels are wearing a pink decal on the back of their helmets for the remainder of the season. The ribbon commemorates October as National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
• The other district game Friday night pits DeSales against Carroll County in Carrollton.