- Special Sections
- Public Notices
A Friday blaze has left an Owen County family homeless.
According to witnesses, the fire at the home of Tabitha and Walt McDaniel on Fortner Ridge Road started about 12:30 p.m.
“I was down at the grandmother’s house when I saw the smoke,” Michael Shuler said.
The fire was already starting get out of control by the time Shuler arrived at the house.
“I kicked the door in because I knew they had animals in there,” Shuler said. “I got them out of there but the smoke was really getting bad inside.”
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Owenton News, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.