.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Blaze damages Monterey home

-A A +A
By Molly Haines

A fire on Old Monterey Road during the early morning hours Satruday has been ruled an electrical fire.
Jude Canchola, public information officer for the Owenton-Owen County Volunteer Fire Department, said the call was received around 2:30 a.m. Saturday.
“The call came in as a flue fire,” Canchola said. “But once we got there, it was actually a fire that had already gotten to the attic. We made an attack, got it knocked down, but I would say it was about a 75-percent loss.”
Canchola said much of the home’s structure was able to be saved, but there was a significant amount of water and smoke damage.
“Basically every fire department in the county brought us water,” Canchola said. “We did call the state dispatcher who ruled it an electrical fire.”
One firefighter sustained a minor injury.
“It turned out to be a very minor thing,” Canchola said.
Fire departments were on scene for about three and a half hours.
The home is owned by William Turner.