- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The Owen County High School Academic Team took home top honors at the 31st District Championship held Saturday at Walton-Verona.
According to advisor Mark McMillen, the team defeated squads from Gallatin County, Walton-Verona, Williamstown, and Grant County high schools
The Owen County team won the following awards:
• The FPS team of Miranda Mason, Nicki Jacobs, Samantha Tamplin and Catie McClain who took first place.
• Makenzie Davis took second overall in composition.
Students winning individual honors for written exams included:
• Science: Miranda Mason, first place; Brandon Slusher, third place
• Language arts: McKenna Webster, first place; Samantha Tamplin, sedond place.
• Social studies: Kyle Magee, first place; River Riddle, fifth place.
• Arts and humanities: McKenna Webster, second place.
• Math: Nicki Jacobs, fourth place; Makenzie Davis, fifth place.
These students and the quick recall team will be participating in the regional academic team competition on Feb. 16 at Ryle High School.